First and foremost these grounds belong to the Howard County Vietnam Veterans Organization. They have welcomed us with open arms, and we expect the utmost respect for this property and the men and women who call these grounds “home”. Disrespect will not be tolerated!
|Camper check-in will begin at 10:00 am on Thursday, June 16. Please do not plan to arrive earlier than that. Friday or Saturday arrival is open any time after 8:00 am. You will be required to sign a waiver upon arrival. You can download it (above) and bring it with you if you wish. There are no assigned camping sites. Please just be considerate of those you camp near… do not crowd.|
|Any RV/camper/trailer that is larger than a pop-up needs to be parked along the gravel road, out of the way of traffic… NOT IN THE GRASS! A1M or HCVVO staff will be more than happy to help you find a place.|
|Cars can be parked near your tent/camper.|
|All campers are responsible for the appearance of their campsites. Trash bags will be provided. If you need more, let us know. Be sure to place them in the dumpster when you leave.|
* Fire rings are available. KEEP NEAR ROAD, not in the middle of the site.
* All campfires must be contained, as we are responsible for any damage these fires cause to nearby fields and/or property.
* Do NOT burn skids with nails or items made of glass or metal and any non-burnable items, as these can cause serious injury to members/volunteers who clean up the fire pits. They must be contained in a fire ring.
* Do not leave campfires unattended. Any unattended fires after 11 pm will be extinguished by A1M or HCVVO staff.
* No campfires in the overflow area.
* This is primitive camping – there is no electric, water or sewer hookups at the sites.
* Water is available near the showers (East side of the green building) if you want to fill water containers.
* Generators are permitted. If they are loud, they need to be turned off during sleeping hours. A1M or HCVVO staff will help determine loudness levels.
* Showers are available on the East side of the green building
|All radios will be turned down by midnight. After this time, music should only be able to be heard on your own campsite.|
|NO PETS PERMITTED! Service animals are allowed if properly registered.|
|NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES allowed outside of the camping or parking areas unless needed for a medical condition. See an A1M core staff member for approval.|
|All children under the age of 13 must be under adult supervision at all times.|
|If you are a youth group bringing males AND females, then you must have a male AND female chaperone, as well. Ideally you would have 1 youth leader for every 10 kids attending.|
|Vehicles must be parked within the boundaries of your campsite or in the West Field. Vehicles parked in unauthorized areas or creating safety concerns will be subject to towing at the owner’s expense.|
|NO FIREARMS OR WEAPONS are to be displayed or discharged ANYWHERE on HCVVO property. ANYONE WHO BREAKS THIS RULE WILL BE BANNED FROM EVENTS FOREVER. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. (This is HCVVO’s consequence!!)|
|No fighting will be tolerated. Anyone who cannot conduct themselves in an orderly manner can, and will be removed. THIS IS A HEALING FIELD, NOT A FIGHTING FIELD.|
|No soliciting at the campsites or through the crowd.|
|No food or drink is allowed in the Memorial Gardens. This area of the grounds is VERY special to the veterans and you may visit it, but we must respect it!!|
|Secure your property and lock your vehicles. We will have security, but they cannot be everywhere at once. A1M and HCVVO will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.|
|***MOST IMPORTANT RULE – HAVE FUN AND LOVE EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!|